Whay A Creativity Project?

Welcome to the first day of the Detroit based creativity project, DETROIT: GROUND ZERO.

WHY A CREATIVITY PROJECT?

My goal in starting this project is to discover insights about how the creative process works. My plan is to document parts of my own creative process and then invite fellow Detroit based creatives to document parts of their processes as well. My hope is that this blog will become a resource for artists and collectors and a teaching tool for students. Plus, I think it would be really groovy to create a catalog of technical information, resources (check the right hand column) photos of everyone's work and links to their websites.

-laura

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WASHED IN DIRT



WASHED IN DIRT, the new release from Steve Hughes creator of STUPOR magazine, features four new stories illustrated with the artwork of Matthew Barney.  Here is what Steve has to say:

"For the last 16 years I've been listening to people I meet in bars, and job-sites, but mostly bars. I write their stories of drunkenness, infidelity, disappointment, and sometimes dumb luck then publish them in STUPOR. A different artist designs each issue. Most of the artists I have collaborated with are from Detroit, but recently I've had the good fortune to connect with Matthew Barney, the creator of the Cremaster Cycle. And yes, he is doing the complete layout for my new STUPOR titled WASHED IN DIRT."

To see a video clip and get FULL details visit WASHED IN DIRT



No comments:

Post a Comment